Bow View Lodge
228 Bow Avenue, Box 339,
Banff, Alberta, Canada T1L 1A5
1-800-661-1565 (in Canada & United States)
For current employment opportunities at the Bow View Lodge please
visit the Employment page of our sister property the Banff Park
Calgary Airport to Bow View Lodge
The major gateway to Banff is Calgary International Airport
(YYC). Coaches and vans operate from the airport directly to
Bow View Lodge. All major rental car companies are available
at the airport. Car rental is available in Banff, but advance
rental booking is recommended.
Driving instructions from the Calgary International
Airport to the Bow View Lodge
The total driving distance is approximate 145 kilometers / 90
miles. You should plan for an estimated driving time of 2 hours,
pending road and weather conditions. Please drive carefully,
watch out for wildlife on the road and obey all driving warnings,
speed limits, etc.
Note – these driving instructions to Bow View Lodge
are new as of June 2011 over the new citywide ring road. Your
GPS may not have the current route yet. Please drive carefully.
- When you leave the Calgary International Airport, turn left at the first traffic light onto Barlow Trail North;
- In about 1 kilometer turn left at the first traffic light onto Calgary Trail West;
- After about 3 kilometers turn right onto Deerfoot Trail North (also Highway 2 North);
- After about 8 kilometers take exit on your right onto Stoney Trail West (new ring road – may not be on your GPS yet);
- Follow Stoney Trail West until you approach Highway 1 at the west end of Calgary.
- Follow Highway 1 West towards the mountains until you have passed the town of Canmore in about 90 kilometers;
- You will be required to stop at the Banff National Park gates and obtain a valid park pass;
- After the park gates keep following Highway 1 West;
- Take the second exit into Banff. This exit is called Banff / Mount Norquay. At the end of the exit, turn left and cross over the highway. Speed is now only 50 kilometers per hour;
- After crossing the train tracks and passing the hospital on your right, turn right at the first traffic light and you will find the Bow View Lodge on your left hand side;
- Please proceed to the main entrance for registration and parking information.